PLC program

vikkaraja

Hello There, How do I post my PLC program here? I wrote my first Allen-Bradelly PLC program for my class project. I would like the experts to look at it and give me some advice. Thank you.

after you click the new post link look at the screen find the go advanced
button click that it will pull a button for attach programs at the bottom left

Thank you for your help and now I have an other problem. PLC program ext is RSS and I need to covert to a PDF or some other file extension.

The easiest thing to do is simply to change the file extension to one of the types permitted by the forum software. If you do that, be sure to include what the real file extension should be.

You may find it better to print the program as a pdf file. More people have easy access to Acrobat reader than RSLogix and so more pople can offer advice if you post a pdf file.

you can zip the program and post the RSS file that way or you can use the
following utilities to convert to PDF. PDF995s.exe and you also need ps2pp5s.exe do a search on this site under my name and there is a post that contains the links I have some breakdowns to look at so don't currently have the time to look for it.

I'm not sure of what you are trying to control. A brief description would be nice.

However, I can comment on a couple of things:

1. Use meaningful-as-possible name for your symbols. left hand and right hand doesn't tell me much. If it is limit then say "left-side limit". But then you get into the problem where it all depends on what side of the machine you are standing on. For example, north door down limit switch is much more descriptive.

2. Rung comments are a good thing. Not only do they help others troubleshoot, they also help you.

3. Speaking of limits, motors, and rams. If you ever design something. Make a print showing the location of all these items. This becomes a real issue when you got dozens or hundreds of items on a machine. I've wasted a lot of time just trying to find the limit that I know is bad.

4. Too much documentation is never enough.

I am trying to control a Ram Press and a safety door. There are two optical switches for your right and left hands. As soon as both switches are pressed door comes down and door bottom limit switch triggers the ram press sol. to come down. Bottom ram limit switch complete the cycle and next cycle does not start until both hands are place back on the optical switches again. And If during the cycle any of the hand is removed, it will disable or return both the door and ram up.

and despite the fact that you are not allowed to use plc logic for an 'anti tiedown' it wouldnt harm learning how to write the logic for one.

The one you have done has 2 inputs (presumably from 2 buttons the operator should press together) but in real life, the operator would soon realise he can wedge one button down and work with just one and a hand free. This defeats the object.

So you have to write it so that there is a tiny time gap between both buttons being pressed otherwise it will not allow it and also, both buttons have to be released before it will work again.

This is just for practice, it does no harm writing code for imaginary real life situations and thinking about what could really happen.

Ask anyone here - operatives are pretty smart cookies at defeating safety's and your solid logic

looks good, can't think of any problems on it by the way the method you asked for help is how we would like all student questions to be asked where we help with shown work " hats off to you "

Whenever a student posts logic on here you will always see people asking for rung comments. It may seem like a waste of time for a short program or for a homework assignment but it is a good idea to start getting into the habit of doing them anyway, they are extremely valuable in the real world.

My only other comment is that maybe you haven't noticed the "report options" selection in the file drop down menu. You can customize what you want your report to print out. Not a big deal here but If you end up printing this for real you might not want to chop down a tree in order to print 6 rungs of code.

good luck