Slc module change

ajsimione

Hello All,

Thank you so much for this very valuable forum.

I am changing a 8 channel analog input card, it is in a 10 slot 5/03 chassis, to a 16 channel analog input card. However, when I complete the configuration of the new card in the I/0 Configuration window in RS Logix 500 Pro the ladder line referencing this module configuration does not change. Is there something else in the software I must do? Is it best to just start a new project with my new I/O configuration and cut and paste the program from the old to the new, this seems rather cumbersome. All help is much appreciated.

Sorry for the lack of information. Here are the details;

The old card is a 1746-NI8I, class 1, 7 out of 8 channels configured for 4-20ma current input with no filtering and Engineering units specified.

The new card is a 1746-NI16I, class 3, with 13 of the 16 channels configured for 4-20ma current input with 6Hz filter and Engineering units specified.

Attached is a screenshot showing the module configured in the IO window but no change to the copy command on rung 0000. I believe that it should be copying 24 words for this new module configuration, not 8 as is shown on the ladder.

Last edited:
It would help if you can tell us the complete cat. no. of the old card and likewise the new card. And any other info, like configured for current? voltage? class 1? class 3?. And post your code if possible(.RSS file). The more info the better the help.

First of all you have to delete the old card from the configuration and install the new one instead.
Be careful with i/o address that were used with the old one, save the old program in a safe place juts for the sake.
With the new programa compare i/o addressing that are going to be used with the new board and try to use the old programming, it´s possible that you have to make some minor adjustmets.

widelto said:
First of all you have to delete the old card from the configuration and install the new one instead.
Be careful with i/o address that were used with the old one, save the old program in a safe place juts for the sake.
With the new programa compare i/o addressing that are going to be used with the new board and try to use the old programming, it´s possible that you have to make some minor adjustmets.
Thank you for the suggestion. I have already tried this and it did not work, :-(. I think I am going to start with a new project built using the new IO configuration and figure out an easy way to copy the old program into the new one. Again, thanks for the replies.

As widelto said delete the module in your I/O configuration and delete
the rung with the copy info for the old card config.
Then add the new card ( use class 3)to your I/O config and let the software add the new rung.

Mickey said:
As widelto said delete the module in your I/O configuration and delete
the rung with the copy info for the old card config.
Then add the new card ( use class 3)to your I/O config and let the software add the new rung.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will try this later today. I had not previously deleted the rung first as well.

Success, yeah! Yes, deleting the module in the IO configuration window and deleting the old rung worked. Thank you so much for the help. You guys have saved me a ton of time. Keep up the great work.

Sincerely,

Andrew Simione
Design/Manufacturing Engineer
Ron-Vik, Inc.

:D