RSLogix5000 Code Generation Technique

markhommer

Greetings,

I wanted to share a technique that I use when I need to duplicate large quantities of repetitive logic using RSLogix5000. The link below is a tutorial showing this technique which involves editing the .L5K file. An Excel VBA script is also shown to help automate the duplication process. As you may be aware, the .L5K file is a text file which fully represents the RSLogix5000 project. This method is very useful at the beginning of a project, when we are adding our standardized alarm logic for motors and devices. Many of our projects involve hundreds of motors and devices. A word of caution, any editing errors in the .L5K file will corrupt your project. Save a backup first. RSLogix5000 does have a very nice Import Rung/Tag function which makes sense for smaller quantities of duplication.

http://members.cox.net/markhomm/Code_Generation.pdf

Does anyone else have any similar techniques that they would like to share?

Regards,

Mark