CP5512 connection

lagos

I have Step7 V 5.1 +service pack 2 running on a windows 2000 operating system.
I would like to connect to a S7-300 CPU 315-2AF03-OABO using a CP5512 adaptor.I always get the message
'Online:Communication link to adaptor damaged'
What cable should I connect between the adaptor and the PLC CPU is it a strait throo D9 pin to pin.
In my 'set PG/PC Interface I have 3 choices PC Adaptor(auto), PC Adaptor(MPI) and PC Adaptor(PROFIBUS) ,which of these should I use and what should its settings be?

You have to use the Add/Remove .. Select button in the Set PG/PC Interface utility to add the CP5512 card.
The CP5512 card must be inserted and the cable with the "dongle" attached to the card.

It is possible that your STEP7 is too old for the CP5512 card.
When the CP5512 is inserted the 1st time, it shall be autodetected and installed in the Windows Device Manager. You can check by looking in the Device Manager if the card is installed properly (no warning sign or question mark next to the card) If it is not installed correctly, then there is probably no driver for the CP5512 card.