temperature

MOwen

I need to measure the signal from a pressure transducer and, using a radio modem, send the signal to a scada package. Most of the small PLC's I have looked at are only rated to 0 C. The unit will be mounted outdoors in a rain tight enclosure, but exposed to -20 C,. The unit needs to operate on 12-24 vdc from a battery. Any recommendations?

Most enclosure manufacturers offer small electric heater/thermostat packages that can be used to maintain temperature in enclosures. I use Hoffman's heater unit as standard on all my outdoor enclosures. They have a built in fan as well.

Last edited:
Tom Jenkins said:
Most enclosure manufacturers offer small electric heater/thermostat packages that can be used to maintain temperature in enclosures. I use Hoffman's heater unit as standard on all my outdoor enclosures. They have a built in fan as well.

Good idea, but we are running off of a solar panel with battery backup