Programming help

sharks

I am using a TWDLCAA24DRF and the software is TWIDOSOFT. I have written a program, that will run a motor for 1 sec remain ON for 1 sec. Then for two seconds and then for three seconds. It works automatically. But after 32 seconds I turn off the motor whatever the condition was going on. But I turn off the motor. Now after a 10 secs delay I want to ON the motor automatically. I have tried my best. But I can't find a way, that what should I do with the %M8, and where should I place %M8 so that it could help me in starting the motor automatically or should I remove %M8. I have attached the porgram.

Alsalam alikom,

Based on your described problem in your post, I think this may help:

1) Let M8 (the bit that indicates that your process cycle ends) energize a Timer.
2) Put your Timer's "Timer Done" bit in parallel with the starting condition in one of your first rung(s).

Hope this helps

Regards

How It can be done. I just did it as you suggest. But there is still some problem. It's not working. I just made the changes as you suggest, I have uploaded the changed program see it. if you could suggest any further tip.

I did it as you suggest. I set the M8 But still their is no progress. Any further Tip. I am loading it again.

Please try:

1)cut out %m8 contact from rung1.
2) in the rung7 add the NC contact %m8 before (in series with) the contact %m6.
3) in the rung8 change the "Set" coil to the "Normal" coil of %m8.

Let me know the result...

are you sure that you have inserted NC (normally closed) contact and not NO (normally open) contact??? I mean |\| and not | | ???

Now another problem I am going to face is that where should I place an emergency stop. So that it just stop everything. Means no output on.

please try to search for "emergency stop" on this forum and you will find alot of the info, and the most important one is that you should not use PLC for emergency stop (unless its special failsafe plc), it should be done by using external emergency relay, so you will connect your e-stop button there and that relay will cut out the wire to the motor or so, depend on the scheme, you could cut out the power wire to the digital output module or so. It also depend on the overall process type, i.e. how dangerous is the motor for people hurting...

And you also could use auxilary contact of the relay or e-stop button as a plc input to inform the plc that e-stop occurs...

so please try the search function of this forum and you will find alot of the useful info...