Magelis HMI

TONY

• Please can same one help me with software to download my backup to a Magelis HMI XBT-E013010?
  • I try to get the software (XBTL1000) from the net there are only upgrades.
  • Do samone have the RS232 or RS485 cable layout for this?

I do not have the software and I need the driver to talk to the MPI port on the S7-300 PLC

The software's not free. You need to buy it from Schneider Electric.

You don't want to discuss making illegal copies of software on public forums like this. For one thing, it's against the website's terms of service. You can get booted for that. For another, some vendors do monitor these forums.

Just for your info thats why I ask for the software nobody at Schneider Electric (SA)can help me this unit is already 15Years old and they do not support it any more and need a special driver. [font='Calibri','sans-serif']You can take me on if you know all the detail and if they wand to boot me of for this then they must do this.[/font]

Tony, I think you misinterpreted what I was saying. The software has never been officially released to the public, it was a software which had to be purchased. And I'm not suprised they knew nothing about it, as my last dealings with Schneider nobody they had left knew the really old stuff.

If the unit is in fact 15 years old, it would be old DOS based software, and unsupported, but that doesn't make it free. Until the manufacturer modifies the license agreement and says to the world it is free, it's not. Even if it's DOS and they don't support it.

The legacy units like that didn't use XBT-L1000, they used XBT-L900, and it did require special Unitelway drivers get loaded in DOS. But I haven't seen that package in forever.

I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, just warning how it could be perceived.

icon5.gif
I read it the same as Tony, i think it may be you that have somehow misintepreted what you were trying to say !!

The software is now posted for download on Modicons website so they must have realised that putting it up there to support legacy systems was easier than having to deal with the tech support calls.

I still have xbtl900 and it runs on xp. Though I havent tried downloading from xp. If you have windows 98 it still downloads fine to the xbt's

I misread your message. XBT-E was definately supported in XBT-L1000 which is Windows Based.

I am shocked it's now a free download. Modicon likes to charge 5 grand for their PLC software, I'm suprised they would give away the HMI software. But hey, that's Modicon. Confusing as ever.