DF1 "execute command list" command (0x0F, 0x88)

bga6418

Anyone knows the format for this command? It is mentioned in AB DF1 pdf (program download steps, chapter 12), but I cannot find any reference for its format.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

See if this is of any help:

FUNCTION88.PNG

Jason Valenzuela said:
Where did you find that doc snippet?
That come from one of my personal documents from reverse engineering the protocol. AB did a good job at being very vague in some their documentation.

Agreed, I've been compiling some outright errors to submit in one of their publication problem reports. We'll see what that does. I'm also going to ask for updated data for their newer products, such as diagnostic status/counter replies.

You feel like sharing your little treasure trove?

Jason Valenzuela said:
Agreed, I've been compiling some outright errors to submit in one of their publication problem reports. We'll see what that does. I'm also going to ask for updated data for their newer products, such as diagnostic status/counter replies.

You feel like sharing your little treasure trove?
It would be nice if they would update and release a new version of the DF1 protocol.

Once I get my documents organized, I'll include it with my source code on sourceforge. Right now its mostly packet captures with side notes. I'm trying to document everything similar to the way it is in the DF1 manual so it will be a nice appendix.

Request : 0f 00 15 50 88 02 0c aa 06 00 63 00 00 08 91 00 00 c6 31 01 56
Response : 4f 00 15 50 02 01 00 01 00

Could you please explain me the above Execute Command List Function Request and response messages?

0f 00 15 50 88 - Execute list of commands (Command 0x0f , Function 0x88)
02 - Two Commands follow

First Command
0c - Number of bytes in first command
AA - Function=protected typed logical write with three address fields
06 - Write six bytes
00 - File Number. Zero is a system file
63 - File Type
00 - Element Number
00 - Sub element
08 91 00 00 c6 31 - Data to Write

Second Command
01 - Number of bytes in second command
56 - Function

Thank you Archie for your reply,

Is there any manual which describes the File Types used in the functions AA or A2.
I could not find any proper explanation on the what those File types refer to.
The DF1 manual does not documented all file types

Thanks in advance

On page 7-17 of the DF1 manual, there is a table with a section that has a fairly complete listing of the file types. You will not find any document on the system types.