Mitsubishi TCPIP

StuartH

Im trying to link a mitsubishi Q02H up to TCPIP using a QJ71E71-100 card. The TCP/IP comms will be used to link to a Proface HMI. Does anyone have an example project or any advice on communicating using this card? Ive set up the parameters as far as I can and currently I can Ping the station but I cannot transfer data.
Thanks,

I have only ever used them to connect to the Beijers (Aka Mitsubishi) terminals, i cant remember having to do much more than set the IP address and it was away

When you cay you cannot transfer data what do you mean, have you got any comms at all or is the terminla refusing toeven see the PLC ?

Well I meant that I couldnt transfer data from the PLC to the HMI but I have just backtracked. For some reason now, I cant get the PLC into run unless I remove the ethernet card from the software. I am entering settings Under network parameters section. This correct? Is there anywhere else I need to go to set up new hardware?

Here is an example of using the Mitsubishi to talk to a motion conroller

http://www.deltamotion.com/dloads/downloads.php?category=rmc70&subcategory=Examples

The is an example for your Ethernet controller 2/3rds of the way down the page. It will show you how to set up the Mitsubishi PLC and Ethernet controller. The Mitsubishi is not as easy to use because it doesn't have a simplie to use message block like the Rockwell controllers do. Mitsubishi does have a simple example that show how to do simple transfers to and from external devices.

Sounds like you havent got the module setup correctly on the rack.

I dont think you will have to do any software to read\write from the plc to the HMI, there will be a mode you can put the card into to use comms to the proface device (assuming you are using it native Mitsi driver), does the proface driver help give you any pointers ?

Thanks,
I have tried the sample project, I changed the PLC type then downloaded,
I still cant get the PLC into run though. I have a Parameter Error on parameter 1100. Is there any way of me finding out what this parameter is?
Do you know how I can do a complete clear on the PLC? I am new to mitsi.

All the errors are detailed in GX developer go to Help>PLC Error, that's assuming you are using GX developer and not GX-IEC Developer ?

This is what it gives me

Error code(SD0) 3103
Error message LINK PARA. ERROR
Common information(SD5-15) File name/ Drive Name
Individual information(SD16-26) Parameter number
LED status(RUN) Off
LED status(ERROR) Flicker
PLC operating state Stop
Diagnostics timing At power ON/At reset/STOP -> RUN

Error description & cause

(1) In a multiple CPU system, the Q series Ethernet interface module under control of another CPU is specified as the head I/O number of the Ethernet network parameter.
(2) Although the number of modules has been set to 1 or greater number in the Ethernet module count setting parameter setting, the number of actually mounted module is 0.
(3) The head I/O No. of the Ethernet network parameter differs from the I/O No. of the actually mounted module.

Corrective action

(1) Delete the Ethernet network parameter of the Q series Ethernet interface module under control of another CPU.
(2) Change the setting to the head I/O number of the Q series Ethernet interface module under control of the host CPU.
(3) Correct and write the network parameters.
(4) If the error occurs after correction, it suggests a hardware fault.

In network parameters I only have 1 module set up and there is only the one card after the CPU. Is this what it is telling me is incorrect?

Firstly what slot is the Ethernet card in ?

AND

Under the network setup parameters what have you got set as the starting I\O No. ?

Please see the attached file for the solution to your problem, I have onced used this for Mitsu Ethernet communication, and that project is still running.
Tell me if you can't get anything right.

Last edited:
Thanks Tragicly,
The I/O number was wrong. I didnt realise it was slot 0 after the PLC.

Thanks for the attatcment Deep Arvind, The comms are workng now but I still have a comms error. So I will try it and see if it makes a difference

Could not get kepserver to run on tcp, contacted kep & they suggested there is something funny with mitsi tcp use udp, i did & it worked fine.

By the way there was no need to put in a udp block so long as a tcp (melsec) connection is configured it works.

parky said:
Could not get kepserver to run on tcp, contacted kep & they suggested there is something funny with mitsi tcp use udp

Were they not any more specific "something funny" does not really qualify as a correct tech support resolution !!