Asi safe modules again

AndEdtec

Sorry chapz my last post about my problem with a safe module was unclear. To cut the story short, i had a safe slave as part of a system.this slave had to be taken off and made to '0'.

later on i come to use this slave again i have checked that it is '0' with a hand held programmer but the asi master kept spiting it out.

Thought I would post my solution just incase anyone else has this problem. You would think that if it is zero it is ready to use but what I found was because it's last state when part of a system was with its safety cicuit open, when you try to get this module into the master it doesn't work because it's transmitting an error.

If you add a brand new slave then there is no problem but if its used it must be 'closed'.

This is similiar when you teach the code sequences to the monitor in that all inputs must be closed.

But I couldnt get that far.

Ok now though.