slc5/03 and panelview 600 need simple tips

moonert

Hello all,

I'am starting to experiment with an pv 600 (2711-C6C9)and a SLC 5/03 processor.I have a few simple questions and need a few tips to start with the experiment.I managed to get a connection between the laptop and the screen using the DH 485 protocol.This works great!Uploading and downloading are no issue.I can get online with the SLC 5/03.No problem at all.Here are some questions I like an answer for:

1)If I make a button in Panelbuilder32 I need to create three tags for it (on/off,handshake).What is the most easy way to make them?Example please.

2)Can I communicate with the plc and the PV 600 and the laptop at the same time if i hook it up al together?What are the connections I need to make and on wich port of the devices?

3)Does somebody have a simple example with one button on the panelview and a piece of ladder in the plc (inc tags,node adres etc)?If I know this trick I can work it out myself.

Thanks for the help!!

Simon Jacobs
Netherlands

Last edited: