Quick Pannel jr. II By Total Control

Caveman

Or sould I say GE/Fanuc.
Well anyway work threw out 3 of these and I was hopeing someone
has the software that they Don't use anymore and would sell/trade their License. I'm affraid to ask for a copy.
Just remember I'm only a technician and this is my hobbie.

Below is a Complete description.

3-Touch Screens -Quick Panel Jr II by Total control proudcts QPJ2D100L2P Series A mounted inside a
10" x 10" x 6" Brady box interfaced to a SLC DH-485 LINK COUPLER- ALLEN BRADLEY 1747-AIC/B
with cable HMI-CAB-C84 rev.E

Does anyone here check out the Buy/Sell PLC's section on this site?
:nodi: Should we ask Phill to add a Forum titled "Sell/Trade Equipment"
that the user could delete his/her item when sold?

I think you need quickdesigner version 3.50. These people are loose with the authorization on this software.
If you could get your hands on a copy, all you have to do is call 1-780-420-2010 and they will give you a new code.

Quickdesigner V3.6 gives you a four day trial when it is installed (each time) without the Product Authorization Code. I'm not sure about previous versions. If someone at work could get you a copy (and they won't have to give you the Product Authorization), it would at least give you temporary access for your hobby.

They were on some machines that were taken out of
service and we don't have the software. The machine
builders were called in when problems arose.

Does anyone know how to make a programing cable
for these screens, or is there some special
electronic device built into it like the
A-B 1747 pic?

Thanks again y'all

My old copy of the manual for Quickdesigner says about the HMI-CAB-C49 download cable "The 9-pin AT connector housing contains an electronic circuit that makes the signals for both devices compatible." They also say, after a block diagram of the cable, "You are not authorized to construct this cable. Unauthorized cables are not supported by Total Control."

cable...actually

As I recall, 'back-in-the-day', TCP actually sold the software
for a nominal fee, but charged the heck out of you for the cable.

And, yes, there is some sort of electronic goodie in the connection
hood that really makes the cable special.

Download Cable For QuickPanel

The TCP (now GE) QuickPanels are manufactured by Digital Electronic in Japan and are sold here in the states through Xycom Automation under the brand name PanelStation if you use QuickDesigner software. They are also sold as GP if you are using Digitals software called GP-Pro. You can use Xycom's download cable to download to your QuickPanel as another option p/n GPW-CB02, list price is $135. You can also purchase QuickDesigner 3.7 from Xycom for $99 if you have a valid serial number. Check out www.xycom.com for your local distributor.

Software for QuickPanels

QuickDesigner Software is still available for the QPJ Series Quickpanels. You can buy it from GE or from Xycom (800-289-9266). It is a registered software and the cost is $595. In fact, you can still but the QPJ's and a revision to the software was just released.