Routing in S7 from ethernet to mpi

Plc_User

I have a S7 314-2DP with an ethernet Lean card connected to it. I am able to download the plc-programm with my pc connected to the ethernetcard. But I am not able to download a TP177A connected on MPI. Does the routing functionallity not work for ethernet? I inserted a pg-object in my project and assigned it to the ethernet. The yellow line appeared on the pg-symbol and I downloaded the connections to the plc, but I cannot download to the panel. However the routing functionallity works for Profibus-MPI.

Thanks

Routing to a panel does not work in these cases:
PC --(ethernet)--> S7 --(MPI/DP)--> Panel
PC --(MPI/DP)--> S7 --(Ethernet)--> Panel

Routing to a panel do work in this case for example:
PC --(MPI/DP)--> S7 --(ethernet)--> S7 --(MPI/DP)--> Panel

That is just how it is.
They told me they were working on a fix. 2 years ago I think.

Routing

Thanks for your quick reply. I was intending to set up a VPN-connetion for remote maintenance. This means in that case I will not be able to download my panel?

Hook up an S7 at home and use it as a gateway for the routing.
PC --(MPI/DP)--> S7 --(LAN/WAN)--> S7 --(MPI/DP)--> Panel

The requirement for routing to a panel is that the first and last steps must be via MPI or DP.