Siemens MPI Network

glpdrumerx

Hello I am setting up a piece of epuipment and the cables for the Mpi Network were cut. there are 5 different racks with this machine, where the cables go into the connectors, does the incoming cable go in the slot closes to the plc or away from the plc and the out going goes in the other. I have had a terrible time trying to find this on the siemens website. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello glpdrumerx;

This is from the profn2_e.pdf manual that you can find on the Siemens support webpages:
Profibus_A1B1_A2B2.jpg

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Similar Topics

I am new here. I am also kind of new to working with Siemens plc's. Working on a machine that has a Siemens 313C plc & a touch panel TP177A, on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, One of our clients wants to replace some obsolete VFD's on their plant. There are two S7-315-2DP plc's and drives are connected via...
Replies
Views
Dear All, I would like to try out MPI communication between 2 CPU. I have CPU315-2-DP and CPU314. I am new and start test-writing myself by...
Replies
Views
We have an existing network of 5 Siemens S7 315 and 313 PLCs communicating via MPI. We want to connect a Contrologix PLC to the network that will...
Replies
Views
good morning, we have Siemens HMI MPI 377 19 inch, the screen is Black but its working, and we don't have backup. i have new screen, my...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom