1746-ni16i

danijel

Hi!

I just put the configuration file 2 and file 3 from the AB manual. I am confused with all that N7:* data files.Can anybody see this configurations ladder logics and write me which data file I need to use for watching the information on analog input card.

Best regards ,
danijel samardzic

I write lader logic form ab catalog 1746-ni16i from page 7-3 to 7-17. My data table N7:0-N7:7 -16302 , N7:8 - N7:15 -16301 because I use 4-20mA signal scaled for PID. next N7:20 - N7:35 16383 max. value. That is what I have in data table. Next what I dont know is which data N7 word will have data status from analog input when I have on input I:1.0 signal of 10 mA.

Post your code (your .RSS file) The data does not get to the integer files you listed by itself. Somewhere there is a move instruction or scaling done with a destination of those files. Post your code and someone will take a look.

i am still not clear what you are trying to do with the data, but it looks like you just copyied some example program from the module manual.

I would delete rungs 2 and 3 ladder 2 and then change the card from class 1 to class 3 ( see pic below)
class3Config.jpg

The software will then prompt you to install a configuration rung, accept this (in the location of your choise)
ConfigRung.jpg

The channel raw data will show up in address
I:6.0 for channel 1
I:6.1 for channel 2
I:6.15 for channel 16
With 4 to 20ma and scaled for PID raw data will be
4ma = 0
20ma = 16383

You can copy this channel data to integer files if you want but is not necessary. Then the same data in input channels will show up in the integer files.
CopyData.jpg

I know hove to use analog input card in calss 3, but my problem is that I have to full rack 13 on one processor slc 5/05. With 10 analog input card in class 3 processor cant work because there is too much output image words, more than 256. So, I need to use this cards in class 1. I download laddr logic from ab manual for configuration ai in class 1 mode. The problem is that I dont know in which data N7:x- N7:y containg data of analog fisical analog input on the ni16i card which i need to scale and send to scada like 10°C or 5.5 pH etc. Any ideas?