motor speed control problem

Nick85

hey guys

Im new to PLCs but I have a problem and mabey someone could help me out.

I have a motor controlled by a servo, when the operator presses the speed up button once, the speed increases by 1 value when he holds it down the value increases as long as he has his finger pressed on the button, but the problem is the operator then has to hold his finger down for some time until the value goes from 0-9000 so what I need to do is when the operator holds the button down longer the 15 sec the speed from 0-9000 rapidly increases.
I beleve it may have something to do plc scan not sure.

if anyone knows what to do pls help

cheers nick

Nothing to do with scan time, i would say that it is a program change that is required

What type\model of PLC is it and is the push button electro\mechanical or on an HMI ?

Its an omrom im using syswin, and it is a push button wired to an input card and the servo is wired to a analoge output card

Well i dont do Omron but the principal is the same for most PLC's, there are numerous ways you could do this but essentially:

You just need to change the software for the section that the pushbutton is in to start a timer when the button is pressed, after 15 seconds latch the button press, run your value up to the required speed and drop the latch out

Somebody who knows omron will be able to give you the specifics but start by searching the program for the pushbutton input and see if you can figure it out from there, if not ask specific questions

P.B.
---] [---------------+-------------+
|TIM |
|FAST_INCR |
|150 |
+-------------+

P.B. FAST_INCR
---] [----]\[---------+-------------+
|ADD |
|SPEED |
|1 |
|SPEED |