Thanskginving again

jimtech67

I have a project where I need inhibit certain things on holidays. I have figured all the needed holidays even taking into account if they fall on weekend and the day off is on Monday or Friday.

Thanksgiving U.S. has me stumped. It is the 4th Thursday of November, not the last like I thought ( if it was the last Thursday this would be easy). Without using counters, meaning counting the Thursdays in November, Can anyone point me in the right direct to determine when it is Thanksgiving ? I do not want to use counters because the PLC will tuned off quite often and if it is left off for more than a week in Nov I can’t count the Thursdays.

I know I could look up the dates for next 15 years (already did) but I did not do this for all the other holidays and I want to keep everything consistent

I am using an Allen Bradley 1200 Micro with real time clock

I posted agian beacuse goffed on the first
Jim

Just make sure that it's November, Thursday, and a date range between 22 and 28 inclusive.

Vetteboy

Last edited:
Vetteboy

Of course you are correct. Somehow I forgot that 7 x 4 = 28. I was no thinking that way I just counting from the end of the month. Thank for info

Jim

GO JETS