Controlflash and Compactflash cards. AB

smiller

I heard at one time that Contollogix processors could have their firmware flashed from a CF card. I have not been able to find anything about it on the Knowlegebase. Due to the Atmel recall for some CLX modules I need to replace many processors and using a CF card to flash them could be a huge timesaver. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and what is the procedure.

Thanks.
Steve

Yes it is possible. We use Compactlogix L31 processors which only have serial ports so flashing the firmware over serial takes about 20 minutes. When we do a firmware up date we load a processor the slow way over serial then we get online with the PLC and do a store to compact flash and set it to load on power up. Then I copy the files from the compact flash card to my computer then you can copy the files to many CF cards.