Resolver splicing

The resolver decoders I have worked with only look at the Sin and Cos returns relative to each other. So technically that should work. However you will need to be VERY careful of signal degradation due to input loading, noise and comon mode voltage differences.

Keith

You can get a signal divider for encoders (1 in 2 out). Not sure of make it was a while ago. But I do know they exist.

GeoffC said:
You can get a signal divider for encoders (1 in 2 out). Not sure of make it was a while ago. But I do know they exist.

He said RESOLVER. I don't know of any PLC that can directly read a resolver signal [Sin+,Sin-,Cos+,Cos-]. Maybe a special expansion unit is required?

:unsure:

Similar Topics

Hello, We have been floating around the idea of making a test bench / training station in our facility. Our two biggest "customers" for servo...
Replies
Views
Is there an easy way to put back a resolver that was accidentally removed from a servo motor? Thanks for your feedback
Replies
Views
Hi, I have some Baldor (Baldor is now ABB) servo motors that have revolvers for position output. But to my surprise the Baldor MicroFlex...
Replies
Views
I have an older SLC500 that has a PLS card in its rack. I want to remove the SLC and add a L23E-QBFC1. Can a resolver be wired up to the High...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a 1326AB servo motor and its resolver is out of tune. How is the procedure of mechanical manual phasing in Allen Bradley? Is that V+...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom