Canvas or Rs View

Bteachman

I am looking at using ePro Canvis 3.2 (Eaton's HMI package) or Allen Bradley RSView32 in a distributed architecture (sort of). This would be about 200 computers running 1 hmi package, but there are about 20 different apps, but each PC connects to a different plc.

Has any one used Canvas or RSView 32?
What did they think?
Did they have good luck with Eaton's support?
What is did you not like?
If you switched, who did you go with?

I am working on a final decision for our company and thought I would check one last time to see if any one had any experience with Eaton's ePro Canvas software.

Has any one used Canvas or RSView 32?
I have used RSView32 on several different small projects. Most of these only had one PC running RSView32, but several different PLCS. For one project we did have two PC's, a main and a back-up computer. Both ran the same RSView32 project on the same DH+ network, so controls could be operated from either one with no problems.

I may be a bit biased, but I like the ePro over RSView 32. I have done a few applications with the ePro, and it has served my needs well. I would contact Eaton's support group to make sure you have the right product for the job.

If you need some contact names or numbers - just ask.