Siemens S5 and S7

macs_plc

Hi Experts....Thing is iam working in siemens s7 using Simatic manager v5.4...But iwant to know What software is used for S5 ????? iam not even aware about s5.....Plz give some ideas...

Siemens Step 5 software is used. I think the latest version is 7.23 (or maybe 7.24?) but, when I say latest, what I mean is the last version. Step 5 was declared obselete a few years ago so is no longer supported by Siemens (although you can still source the equipment if you don't mind paying through the nose).

If memory serves me there used to also be some stuff called GraySoft?? that could program S5... maybe someone else could confirm this.

:)

Although now the Step 5 is declared pass,but unfortunately many factory remain the machines and with s5 system,so if you want to maintenance the system......haha