Set up

lonnieb

I have a 1762-L24BWA with an frn 9 OS that is DF1 and a 2711-T6C2L1 DH-485 display. Can these two devices be used together and if so how are they linked. I also have a 1761-NET-AIC. What cables will I need and any config that will be needed would be very helpfull.
Thank you.

See Pic below for cables:

Connection.jpg

You will need to configure your ML1200 channel 0 to DH485,
baud rate must match baud rate of yor PV, node address must be different then PV.
After changing ML1200 to DH485 you will need a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter) or a 1747-PIC ( old device RS232 to DH485 need real serial port for this) to reconnect to the ML1200. Or use the default comm button to change ML1200 back to DF1 ( see manual for this).
You are going to need the above devices any way to program your PV,or use a compact flash card.

Mickey said:
See Pic below for cables:

Connection.jpg

You will need to configure your ML1200 channel 0 to DH485,
baud rate must match baud rate of yor PV, node address must be different then PV.
After changing ML1200 to DH485 you will need a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter) or a 1747-PIC ( old device RS232 to DH485 need real serial port for this) to reconnect to the ML1200. Or use the default comm button to change ML1200 back to DF1 ( see manual for this).
You are going to need the above devices any way to program your PV,or use a compact flash card.

Can you not connect a cp3 cable to the aic+ and have linx configured for the pic and talk to the micrologix and pv ?

This is how i have done it in the past with a 5/04 and pv1400 on a dh485 network using an aic+...

Yes I think so, but you will need a real serial port on your PC to use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx.

3Node.jpg

Last edited:
Amazed

Thank you gentlemen for am amazingly quick responce. I will have to order one of the cables but I antissipate no trouble setting up this system. Once again,thank you.