5/05 wireless setup

plc_junkie

Hi,
I have a SLC 05 that I will be setting up to do a home automation
application. I have RSlinx with a wireless router (Linksys WRT54G).
Now for the processor end what do I use for the ethernet port on
the SLC? I have an extra WRT54G, would this work? I wanted to try
to go wireless before I crawled under the house to run cable.

Thanks,
Willy

I have a test setup at working using the WRT54G - the PLC is connected to the router (wired) and then I connect wirelessly via my laptop.

Thanks for the reply, I'll give it try. Any idea on how I should
address channel 1 at the processor. Do I need to use the router IP
address as a gateway? Also add this RSlinx? Sorry for all the questions,
I'm using this project as a learning tool.

Thanks,
Willy

You set up the network addressing in the router. Out of the box, it is something like 192.168.1.0. Set the SLC5/05 to something like 192.168.1.10, and let the router set your wireless connection via DHCP.

Then in RSLinx, set up your Ethernet driver to scan 192.168.1.10. Then when you browse the network, you should see the SLC.