Trying to Open .DRW drawing files

Bob A.

Lifetime Supporting Member
Having a tough time finding a way to open old DOS era drawing files that I believe to have been created with Freelance (.DRW extensions). Anyone know of a modern day follow on product to the early DOS based Freelance?

Enclosed is an example which was renamed to a .txt file.

Thanks,

Bob A.

Well it does mention Freelance Presentation Graphics. Any one have:

IBM Lotus SmartSuite 9.8 available to try to open the above file ? It sould be renamed to "FLORPLNA.DRW".

Thanks,

Bob A.

I do have Micrographix Designer which supports *.drw files.
Cannot open the attached file though.
I get a message "drw file was not opened" nothing more.
It may not be a valid drw file.
Sorry.

Thanks for the try, I have had similar experience with various drawing packages over the years. It looks like the alternative is to spring for the $300 for the Lotus SmartSuite, but that is a lot of software for a dozen drawings. I use Visio for simple layout now, which serves me well enough.

Thanks Again,

Bob A

Smart suite 9.7

I may have smart suite someplace, a bit outdated but if you do know that it'll do the trick I can install it on a pc and give it s shot.
Let me know.

Edit: I do have it. 9.7 including "Freelance Graphics"

Last edited: