A-B SLC Devicenet scanner - moving to different slot?

MarkADM

Hello all,

I am trying to move a Devicenet scanner 1747-SDN from slot 1 of a training rack (SLC 5/03) to slot 5 of a site process rack (again SLC5/03). I am running RSnetworx but will not recognise the scanner when browsing the network. It was found when in the training rack and all worked ok.

Any ideas?

Mark.

did you set the scanner up in the controller I/O configuration? can you see it when using RSLinx? in the RSWho window?

Yes, the scanner module is in the IO configuration in RSlogix.
No - the module doesn't appear in RSwho in RSlinx.

I am using the pass-through driver in RSlinx.

Found the problem - the pass-through driver in RSlinx needed re-installing due to the slot change.

Thanks all.

Similar Topics

Customer has a circa 2004 SLC-500 PLC. Fieldbus is a 1747-SDN DeviceNet scanner. Customer has SLC-500 file (.rss) with no comments. Has no *.dnt...
Replies
Views
Hello, As some of you may have seen in another thread I have a deviceNet network of valves and realised that no one saved the network...
Replies
Views
I have a new Project which will be a SLC 5/05 With A Devicenet Scanner I don't have The Part# of the Scanner it will be communicating with a valve...
Replies
Views
Machine has existing DN devices that are connected to SLC 5/04. All communication is working fine now. Supplier wants to remove some DN devices...
Replies
Views
I'm having a strange issue where the operator can input a desired speed in 0-110%, and the scaling will correctly translate that in Hertz to the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom