RSView hanging issue

larrylawson

I have been running an application for about three weeks now created by an Automation & Control manufacture. The RSView HMI application is hanging and I’m getting the following error message popping up. “Realtime Data Manager Component has encountered a problem and needs to close” I have also noticed in the Windows event viewer the following two errors. Error 1 states “Faulting application cmedde32.exe, version 1.3.2.0, faulting module rdmtgm32.dll, version 1.3.2.0, fault address 0x00007d4c”. Error 2 states “Hanging application rsviewrt32.exe, version 7.20.14.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000”. Deleting the cache folder only helps for a while and the program hang again. I believe it may have to do with some VBA code gathering tag information and writing this information to a level 2 database. Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Thanks for your help.

...Since the app has been running for only 3 weeks,...
In Rip van Winkle time. In real time, about 5 years! Old Larry has probably been relocated down to the furnace room in the basement, while he checks every day to see if anyone has solved his problem!

Solution to this required

I am having this same problem with a VB6 application communicating to tags in RSIEW32. The machine would work well for sometime and then I would get Real Time Data Component has stopped working and VB6 hangs.