Contrologix training with deluxe kit

halosome

I'm going to take reaining of ControlLogix system foundamental, but I wonder if I just need the basic training ($1000) or with the deluxe kit which is an interactive CD about $2000? I have many years experience in PLC control but not with AB's product. Can anyone give me any advice?

That would be a mistake. The Level 3 class does not cover much in the way of logic instructions. It is assumed you already know the logic used in a PLC-5/SLC 500 or Logix5000. Not having any experience with A-B and jumping into the Level 3 class would probably be a mistake.

The class he is referring to would indeed be a good starting point. It may be a little basic but gives a good start on tags, configuring modules, and editing logic.

The "kit" includes the RSTrainer software which I think provides very good refresher training. So as an occasional refresh it is a great tool. I wouldn't want to learn exlusively from RSTrainer but as another tool it fits in pretty well.

OG

Thank you two for the advices. I just come back from the training at edmonton, and feel great: the instructor was so nice answered all my questions and showed me nearly everything I need to start with AB's PLC: RSLinx, RSLogix5000, RSLogix500, RSView 32, Panel Builder. Like Operaghost said it is basics but a good start point.