Redundant Modbus Serial Link

RollingPin

There is this application where we have a Wonderware Intouch SCADA communicating to some ABB drives over a muti-drop Modbus serial link. Now the customer wants this link to be redundant. He is happy even with media redundancy (i.e. a cable break should switch over to the redundant cable). Communication interface hardware (serial ports) redundancy is not necessary.

Anybody got a clue how this is to be achieved?

Similar Topics

I am planning to connect to a GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC using dual serial ports to my RTU for which I am writing the code. I assume the PLC is a hot...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone has tackled an issue similar to this before: creating a redundant master on Modbus so I can have a redundant...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently running two S7-1515R, in redundancy connected with devices through an MRP ring. One of the devices that are connected to the...
Replies
Views
1) I am currently trying to integrate a Prosoft MVI56E-MCM Module into a 1756-L61 CONTROLLOGIX5561 that is a redundant system (CPU is redundant...
Replies
Views
Dear all, I have a problem with the Mitsubishi PLC modbus tcp communication. I'm using a L26CPU and LJ71E71-100 ethernet module to perform a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom