Profibus MPI Profinet

LEILAGFONSECA

Is there any network that is faster than Profibus to communicate a remote I/O with the PLC CPU?
For example what is the difference between Profibus and MPI or Profinet?

Thanks!
Leila

You are probably talking about an S7 system.

ProfiNet is faster than Profibus.
MPI is not an i/o bus network.

How much i/o do you need to scan ?
What are your scan time requirements ?
Do you need to scan all i/o fast, or just some of it ?

Yes! I'm talking about a S7 system.

If MPI is not an I/O bus network, for what is it used for? In the CPU?

My I/Os are not so much...maximum 30. For one or two of them I need a really fast scan...actually I'm looking here in the manuals what are the max rates for a ET-200/S7-300....

If I use Fiber optic for Profibus through 4 km I don't need any Profibus repeaters, do I?

Does this have anything to do with the datalogging at 500kHz you posted about in another thread ?
(I notice that you avoided stating the i/o scan rate)
If that is the case, then you are on the wrong path.
Neither the i/o, the i/o bus or the CPU can update at this rate.

Maybe you should try to describe what you must achieve in the end.

hehehe.
This rate was informed by my boss and I also don't think it's the right information.
While I don't get the right one I'm defining other information that I also need....