Tp 177a

Plc_User

How many TP177A can be connected on profibus to an S7-315-2DP processor? I ended up to have communication on 3 of my four panels, a fourth one (one of the four I connect last to the network) is not communicating. I have not more then 20 nodes on the network, the network is max. 150m long, speed is 1.5M. What could be wrong?

Can you check out something ?
  1. Goto hardware configuration
  2. Double click on CPU object
  3. Open tab "Communication"
  4. Check the number of OP communication?
Good Luck,

West Vloamse complimenten
Flukie

llo

West, waar ergens ? Zit in uw buurt makker !!

flukie said:
Can you check out something ?
  1. Goto hardware configuration
  2. Double click on CPU object
  3. Open tab "Communication"
  4. Check the number of OP communication?
Good Luck,

West Vloamse complimenten
Flukie

Belgain conference here it seems.....:D

Just make sure your S7-315 is V1.1.0 or higher, else u can't change the OP-communication settings....(we had that problem)

If not latest version, you could always attempt a frimware upgrade.....worked for us...

:)

Number of OP communication is the most important one.

Check termination resistors, bus systems are sensitive for this, maybe you can use a BT200 if you have one.

BT200 checks these things:
Detecting static faults
• Breaks in the signal wires and cable shield.
• Short-circuits between the signal wires.
• Swapped signal wires.
• Too few terminators.
• Too many terminators.

If everything is okay so far then maybe you can use the diagnostics in the PG/PC interface configurator. Check if you can see the adress of that panel.

What I had once, is that the cycle load for communication was to small for my installation, but I don't think that it will be you problem... anyway, try setting it on 30% if none of the above helps