Nt30 Communication

rowens

Can I use CX-programmer to communicate and modify programming with a NT30C diplay? If not, what must I have? If so, what factory cable(s) do I need? The unit the display is attached is a CQM1 unit. I can open the program on it but the cable is different for the NT30C.

No you cannot communicate directy to a NT screen through the PLC, the newer CS/J and NS screens can do this but over RS232-C its just not practicle - takes far to long to download even a single screen!

My advice would be go to the omron website and download the user manual for a NT30C, in the appendix you will find the cable diagram for communicating directly from PC - NT.

You will need the NT screen software either NTST V3.x or similar.

Hope that helps, any other questions let me know as i spent almost 6 years working with a huge amount of omron products.

Regards,
Brian. :)

Thanks. I could not remember the name of the software. I may have a copy but I have not located it yet. I was wondering if the CX-programmer would also do the screen since both the display screen and the CQM1 were Omron devices.

While CX-One is a suite which contains both HMi and PLC software, the CX Programmer is only for PLCs. The NTST did the old NT screens, and the new NS screens are NS Designer, which is part of CX-One.

I have found a couple of old disks. one is NT11S-ZA3AT-EV1 and the other is NT-za-3AT-EV2. would either of these be correct? they are on 3-1/2 floppy.
if so, what would the factory cable id be. I may have it laying in my old box of stuff.

also, is this CX-One reverse compatable for older programs?

thanks in advance.

The NT11S will not work with the NT30. That software was only for the NT11S.

The other one might, although the part number does not look exactly correct.

Factory cable should be C200H-CN229-EU.

also, is this CX-One reverse compatable for older programs?

That may not be an easy question to answer. It will depend on the program file format and which plc. Many are compatible, some are not. If you can provide more information, we can take a stab at it.

Hope this will help.

That is the cable I am using to establish communication to the CQM1. I is the wrong gender for the NT30 unit. can I use a gender changer and this cable or does my unit require something diferent?

The NT30 should have a 9 pin female connector, same as the CQM1.

The C200H-CN229 is a 9 pin - 9 pin programming cable for both the CQM1 and the NT30.

The C200H-CN320-EU is the comm cable between the plc and NT.
This is a 9 pin male - 9 pin male cable.

Hope this will help.