Ladder logic for PIC and AVR

I've written quite a bit of C code for AVR microcontrollers, and I love them - the architecture is well designed for use with high level languages and the most common compilers are of excellent quality (for example, CodeVision). Without rehashing a lot of the good discussion of the merits of ladder logic available on this site, I'd say that C is faster to write, just as easy to design with, and is far superior where significant mathematics is involved.

Also, I imagine that ladder logic compiles efficiently given how low-level it is but there's nothing like the optimization even basic C compilers offer. And given the fact micros tend to be used for projects where you don't need to crack open the code and modify it once written then there's not a major need for ladder's major benefit of readability. Overall, I'm not too excited but it will be interesting to see how many people out in the community would be willing to move away from C :)

I think it is an amazing feat

Certainly there are big companies that have done much more for much longer but this is a remarkable effort for one person.

Many have said they want to write a ladder logic program but few if any have. It doesn't take too loong before they realize what a big task it is.

Think about this. The person that wrote the code does not have anybody he can ask. There are few people that visit this forum that can put together both the embedded and PC side of the software. The Rockwell Software guys aren't going to give hints either. The developer must figure this out on his own.