1785K Panelmate, touch only buttons

RichBlunt

Panelmate 1785K, touchscreen only, I don't have one to try this on yet, but if you don't have buttons, do the default buttons on the right hand side of the screen still show up but touch only or are they unuseable?

link for what I am talking about:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a180/Profhet/Panelmate.jpg

I haven't done one of these for 8 years+, if anybody has a sample file that they don't mind giving up it would be much appreciated. The manual isn't bad but lacks samples.

Last edited:
The buzzword for what you want to do is "Flexible Page Layout". If you enable it, you can make as much of the screen as you want available to you. You can exclude the alrm area, cancel key, default buttons and page status banner from individual pages. The choices show up in the "Properties" for each screen. You enable/disable flexible page layout in the "General" tab of the System Parameters.

I wasnt too clear exactly, its a touchscreen only, so are those default buttons going to work? I want to use them but the customer's standard is the touchscreen unit rather than the version with the 4 buttons on the side.

PanelMates always offered the ability to require two touches for an action to take place. That offered an additional level of protection against somebody inadvertently turning something on simply by touching the screen. When you set up a pushbutton object, there can be up to four actions associated with it. You first touch the object on the screen. When you do, the actions associated with it show up on the right hand side. In the versions with a separate touch panel those zones on the right side simply indicate what actions will happen when you touch the touchpanel buttons. In the touchscreen version, they work the same way. Instead of four separate buttons, you have four areas of the touchscreen.