Help with ACI+ (Advanced Interface Converter)

alphav

Supporting Member
Hello,
I am trying to connect my laptop to a micrologix 1200 using two 1761-Net-AIC's

If I connect the laptop to one of the AIC modules with a 1761-CBL-AC00 cable, and to the same module a 1761-CBL-HM02 cable to the Micrologix 1200 everything is fine.

Hovewer, if I connect the laptop to one AIC with a 1761-CBL-PM2 cable and a 1761-CBL-HM2 cable from the other AIC to the Micrologix 1200, I do not get any communication. The two DH-485 connctors are wired correct.

Any suggestions?
thanks,
gert

I have seen this and I had trouble with com ports. Micrologix likes com1 and runs rslogic in the background. When you introce 2 It looks for com 1 and you need to change that.

maintenanceman38 said:
I have seen this and I had trouble with com ports. Micrologix likes com1 and runs rslogic in the background. When you introce 2 It looks for com 1 and you need to change that.
Do you mean com1 on the laptop or com1 on the Microlox?
I am using com1 on the laptop, and the Micrologix only has one com port(com0)
gert

I still can not communicate using two 1761-Net-AIC's

I am using the DF1-Full Duplex protocol on the ML1200. Is that correct?

Thanks, for the reply

Yes you are correct, I do need DH485 in both ends.

I read most of the treads about the AIC module, and it seems that I have to use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver, but when I try to do that, I get the following message:

[ Cannot create PIC device when RSLinx is running as a service. To create a new PIC device, run RSLinx as a normal application and then create the divice ]

How do I do that?

Well, I figuered out how to gert RSLinx out of service mode, but now I get the following:

Swap Driver in() Failed to Swap in the new PIC Driver. Try Restarting RSlinX.
Failed to Swap in Windows 2000 PIC Driver. See the Application Event Log fpr Specfic Error(s).
Win32 Error Code: 3758096899 (0xE0000203) Unknown Win32 error

When restarting RSLinX I get the following when the PIC driver service tries to start:

Fatal Error Initializing PIC Device Driver !

I am lost.... What do I do know?

You need a real serial port to use that driver. ( see PDF below)
Your best solution is to purchase a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter)

Last edited:
You need to start Rslinx as an application from start menu if U R using 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver and then only U can configure.

Gajanan

I installed a 1747-UIC. When I try to auto-configure the device "1770-KF3/1747-KE" in RSLogix I get the message "Failed to find Baud and Parity!". However, I can see the the ML1200 in RSWHO, and I can download and communicate to the ML1200 from RSLogix.

My problem is that suddenly after a couple of minutes, the ML1200 goes off line. To go on line again I have to Auto-Configure again.

Also, How do I send a RS-232 acsii string from the ML1200 via one of the 1761-NET-AIC to a another device (PC)?