Install Concept 16bit on a WinXP PC

Hello!
Has anybody out there experienced the same problem: When I try to install Schneider Concept 16bit on a WinXP PC at a customer's site, the installation fails. And the same is true for some other 16bit programs. Not all WinXP show the problem I'm writing about.

Starting the installation, as usual by doouble clicking the "setup.exe", result in:
1. Mouse cursor with both arrow and hourglass show up, indicating that the machine has started something.
2. After some seconds, the installation process just stops. PC still functioning otherwise.
3. A check in Task Manager shows the following three processes (among others):
- ntvdm
- wowexec (indented)
- setup (indented)
4. Before I can start another setup (attempt), I must "kill" the ntvdm in Task Manager.

Very thankful for all tips and suggestions (or requirement for more "meat on the bones")!