HMI or OIT for Class I, DIV I Groups C&D?

phillm47

Any suggestions for a HMI, or OIT that is rated Class 1, Div 1 groups C and D?....or a suggestion on a suitable purging system for an Allen Bradley or Maples HMI system?

I found the R.Stahl products, and they could work for my application, but I wish to explore other options.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

When I did hazardous area panels we would purchase a Class 1, Division 2 devices (PanelView or Uticor (now EZAutomation)) and then add a Type Y purge system (Bebco is the brand we used). Some customers would require that we place a windowed door over the hmi for extra protection. I used Stahl products and other I/S devices but they cost a lot more.

We have used Bartec BAT-VGA and Polaris HMI Units. BAT-VGA looked quite similar to one R.Stahl product but Polaris is the new version currently available. They also have PCs for hazardous area applicationSVN