question out of left field, bringing the mouse back to primary screen in windows xp?

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
make a long story short I have a rsview32 application that has 7 screens all running at the same time on a extended desktop. some of them are touchscreens but the problem is if i go to the last screen it takes forever to get back to the 1st screen because I have to keep rolling the mouse.

does anyone know of a shortcut to setup or something to make the mouse return to the primary monitor? thanks a million.

Thanks, I may have to give that a shot, I actually read the study those guys that wrote the program did but they never said anything about the program. Still looking for other ideas in cas eit doesnt work.

I'm at home right now so I can't double check, but I seem to vaguely remember that there is a SetFocus command (or something like that) in RSView.

I have a Function key, F10 set up on my project, that I have attached a global key, that takes me back to the main display, in case any screen fails to give us a path of return for any reason, this might be an option for you.

Gil47 said:
I have a Function key, F10 set up on my project, that I have attached a global key, that takes me back to the main display, in case any screen fails to give us a path of return for any reason, this might be an option for you.

can you expand on this a little bit?

honestly this is my first time using rsview32 and the project was already setup. I looked and looked but could not determine what they did to set it up on the extended desktop. I will try and look into it a little better.

Hi diat150
Rather than try to describe it I have taken a screen shot to describe what I was thinking of.

GlobalK.JPG

Diat,

When I program each RSView screen, I always add at least one menu pushbutton somewhere on the screen. This button says "Return to Main Screen" or some such. Usually I wind up with 5 or 6 shortcut buttons to various other screens, but I make sure there is a quick way (1 click) to get back to the first and main screen.

Lancie1 said:
Diat,

When I program each RSView screen, I always add at least one menu pushbutton somewhere on the screen. This button says "Return to Main Screen" or some such. Usually I wind up with 5 or 6 shortcut buttons to various other screens, but I make sure there is a quick way (1 click) to get back to the first and main screen.

thats a little different issue. this application has 7 screens running simultaneously across 7 monitors via extended desktop. 6 of them are fixed touchscreens and the other uses a mouse, and can be changed to other screens. either way, i was able to get it done using a similiar method as what the guy above described in rsview.

Gil47 said:
I am keen to know how you set up your PC for displaying extra screens on RSView 32, as I have been looking to extend the desktop on our project.

Here is a link about key board and mouse short cuts, that may, or may not work for you, or may only work with web browsers.

http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Shortcuts

Ok, I figured out how they did it. here is a screen shot.

rsview888.JPG

as you can see in this example, the screens are turned off, because this is a separate computer that only has one monitor. the other pc that has the 7 monitors has all of these enabled.

...6 of them are fixed touchscreens and the other uses a mouse, and can be changed to other screens.
Just because there are 7 screens, and 6 are "fixed", DOES NOT mean that a button cannot be addded on 6 of the screens to return FOCUS to the main screen from WHEREVER the mouse happens to be....

your original post did not reflect what you just said. instead though, dont you agree that hitting f1 on the keyboard is a much better solution than putting a button on each screen?