Buy/Sell PLCs

Doug-P

Would anyone care to comment about their experiences selling stuff on the buy/sell page of this site? Specifically:

• Is it effective?
  • How long did it take to get a response?
  • Did the transaction turn out well?
I'm asking because I have some things to get rid of and Feebay is starting to irritate me. I'd just as soon sell them here and avoid all the petty rules and costs.

Thanks

As far as I can remember, I have not seen anything for sale on this site.
(Ditto that for the jobs section as well).
Pretty tight community, or it would seem. If you are in that community, you will probably find people willing to buy without posting,
Do you have the local Craigslist or Kijji? Allways something on those sites...
BTW, what do you have?

If you want a hassle free way to do it go to PLC Center

www.plccenter.com

You can fill out a form with all of your part numbers and send it to them. They will then send you an offer for your equipment.

You probably won't get as selling direct as they are in the business to make money, but it is the quickest way to get rid of old stuff.

SNK said:
As far as I can remember, I have not seen anything for sale on this site.

Just checked... there is stuff for sale, but this is also the first time I have seen anything

Doug,
Send me an email of what you have and I will give you a price... but I am cheap, I need to pay feeBay and paypal :)

Doug-P said:
Would anyone care to comment about their experiences selling stuff on the buy/sell page of this site? Specifically:
  • Is it effective?
  • How long did it take to get a response?
  • Did the transaction turn out well?
I'm asking because I have some things to get rid of and Feebay is starting to irritate me. I'd just as soon sell them here and avoid all the petty rules and costs.

Thanks
Just take a look ath www.***********.com thy buy anth sell new and used plc's and controllers.

Also a possibilitie is from the netherands webshop www.***********.com
they buy anth sell used plc's anth controllers.
allscott said:
If you want a hassle free way to do it go to PLC Center

www.plccenter.com

You can fill out a form with all of your part numbers and send it to them. They will then send you an offer for your equipment.

You probably won't get as selling direct as they are in the business to make money, but it is the quickest way to get rid of old stuff.

Thanks for the replies

SNK:

I guess I'll have to find out what a Craigslist and a Kijji are. I've heard of Craigslist but not Kijji.

Ken Moore:

Thanks for the link. I'll add that to the list of possibilities.

allscott:

Thanks for the link. I will check them out.

***********.com:

As I'm sure you know, the site is done in Dutch, which I can't read. I had Google translate it but it came up blank. No help there.

ALL:

Hoping to avoid conflict with the site posting rules, I'll just mention briefly, since a few asked, that what I've got is: VFDs; Circuit breakers; power supplies, all RFE.