3rd Party Ethernet Protocol using ControlLogix

sanger

We need a ControlLogix processor to send and receive data from a 3rd party device using Ethernet. Basically we need to open a TCP connection, transmit a block of bytes, receive a block of bytes, and then close the connection. We have an existing Step-7 processor doing this using the Simatic TCON, TSEND, TRCV, and TDISC functions but I need to determine a way to perform the same function with A-B.

Thanks

May not be possible with 1754-ENBT

I've noted in reading some of the messages in this forum that Raw Ethernet Sockets may not be possible with the 1754-ENBT module we are using and that this may only be possible with the 1754-EWEB module.

Can anyone confirm or deny this.

sanger said:
I've noted in reading some of the messages in this forum that Raw Ethernet Sockets may not be possible with the 1754-ENBT module we are using and that this may only be possible with the 1754-EWEB module.

Can anyone confirm or deny this.

You are correct with this.

What is the end device?

1756-EWEB / 1768-EWEB Open socket interface specifically developed to address applications like this

I would start with User Manual ENET-UM527 and technotes:
48879, 32962, 33672. Some technotes require Techconnect login, so make sure your KB profile has support number