OT (kind of) Data bits 7 vs 8

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
So I have a new toy that I am working on and I need to change the data bits from 7 to 8 in the PLC, the PLC is a Mitsubishi FX...

I know how to do it in the communication setup, but how do I change the PLC?

The thing is, I can communicate with the PLC and using a SC09 (imitation) but the new toy is wireless and it only works with 8 data bit, as I said I can change the setting in the setup, but if I only change it there it still will never communicate with the PLC as I would guess that it (the PLC) has to be set up the same???

I am still using the rs422 converter (SC09), when I go straight to the com1 it works, but thats with 7data bits.

I don't even know what data bits are.... :oops: but I know I need to change them :)