Allen Bradley PCIS software on XP for SLC 150 and 100

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
So being tired of turning on the old win98 laptop and running it to run PCIS software, I was able to get it to run on XP and communicate using DOSBOX also I would think that you could run it and configure it on Win2K but not sure.

Its a free software that you can run a dos program as a virtual machine, its similar to VM Ware or Virtual PC, but its easy, free and works :)

Just thought I would pass it on, just incase someone had to go back in time and program a SLC 150 or 100

HERE is a post that rsdoran made with the manual and operating software for free...

I also have a real serial port on this PC, not sure if it would work on others ports.

geniusintraining said:
I also have a real serial port on this PC, not sure if it would work on others ports.

update....

Nope you need a real serial port... I am giving up on the USB (for now) ;)

I can confrim that this works.

Before installing dosbox, we would get an error stating "unable to connect to the SLC", or that the CPU was the incorrect type. We had already tried editing the compatibility mode and ensuring that we ran it in fullscreen mode (which was rumored to affect comms). Nothing worked until I found this thread.

Thanks to Mark's thread here, we were able to connect our Dell laptop running WinXP SP2 to a SLC-150 by using dosbox.

Dosbox is a quick download and it took only a minute of reading the built in help feature to figure out how to "mount" the software in a virtual drive for the software to use.

Thanks Mark!

Last edited:
I have the PCIS software manual scanned to PDF. While the SLC100 manuals are online, I don't know of an online link to the PCIS software manual. The file is too big to upload to the downloads section of this website, so unless we can get Phil to make an exception, if anyone wants it PM me your email address and I'll forward a copy.

Alaric said:
I have the PCIS software manual scanned to PDF. While the SLC100 manuals are online, I don't know of an online link to the PCIS software manual. The file is too big to upload to the downloads section of this website, so unless we can get Phil to make an exception, if anyone wants it PM me your email address and I'll forward a copy.
Could you post it on rapidshare or something like that with a dead link to it on here?

Update

Just an update....

The new DosBox does not have a config file, but this one (.72) does so you can configure any com port, I put it on my site here if anyone needs it

www.plctrainer.net/DOSBOX.zip

Also you can use any USB's port just need to know what the port address is and put that number in the file

Hope this helps....