5/05 data to VB?

stuman

Hi guys, if I have a 5/05 controlling some equipment or plant, is there any way I can look at the values inside the PLC from Visual Basic? I don't have to interact with the PLC, just be able to read the values of set points, control valve positions, AI values etc.

Thanks
Stu

Do you have a communications medium in mind?
If serial/DF1 is ok, then it's easy.

If you want to use ethernet, then things get a bit more complicated, but hopefully will become easier in the near future.

Similar Topics

Hello Everyone, I am using a raC_Opr_NetModbusTCPClient AOI module, as below,. So, I need some assistance to restrict in reducing the poling...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a 505 workshop program with PLC type of 555- 1106 and I was wondering how can I download the data documentation window as a...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody, I'm currently working on a project where I need to implement an IoT platform based on Microsoft Azure Cloud. Communication is...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have a db which is 1000 INT, and this db is represented in WinCC as a raw data type set of 5x 400 Bytes. This set is read with a script...
Replies
Views
So i've been at this for a long while, i have Citect Scada 2018, i have full access to everything but i can't seem to find any option or...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom