Relay Output Of a VFD

sharks

Hi all,
What is the use of relay output in the VFD. How it will work and what about the connection. Please brief me. I am using both LG and Altivar products. Till yet I did not use the relay output. But I want to know about it.

sharks said:
Hi all,
What is the use of relay output in the VFD. How it will work and what about the connection. Please brief me. I am using both LG and Altivar products. Till yet I did not use the relay output. But I want to know about it.

GENERICALLY You can do with it as you would with any switch subject to the same limitations AND if it is solid state you may need to watch out for PNP vs NPN ie sink or source.

What we just did is use the ralay to drive a contactor for an auger motor on a large grinder.

Read your VFD manual - it should tell you how to hook it up and what limitations there may be.

Dan Bentler

On most vsd's you can assign functions to the realy outputs. Example you assign a fault to a relay and the contact will close or open (n/o and n/c) when the drive goes into a fault condition.
You can use it for a run feedback. when it reaches a certain speed......... The list goes on. Just check your drive manual