Can't find "insert script" in wincc flexible advanced

stevennoppe

Hello,

Does any1 have any experience in wincc flixible advanced with scripts?
I can't seem to find how to insert a script in WinCC.
I can add : Screens, recipes, alarm logs, ...
But I do not find the "insert script" (menu) command.
Do I have to active or install extra software?

Hi Steven.

I have quite some experience with VBS scripts in WinCC Flex advanced.
You will find Scripts in the project tree between "Historical data" and "Reports".

Notice that scripts on panels and PC RT's are significantly different.
The smallest panels do not support scripts at all. If there is no "Historical Data" or "Scripts" between "Recipes" and "Reports", then your panel do not support scripts.

It depends on which panel you are configuring. Not all panels support scripting. The smaller panels usually don't. From the 270's they usually do.

alarm logging Siemens WinCC TP177B

Hello,

Does any1 have any experience in wincc flixible advanced with scripts?
I can't seem to find how to insert a script in WinCC.
I can add : Screens, recipes, alarm logs, ...
But I do not find the "insert script" (menu) command.
Do I have to active or install extra software?

I am trying to make an alarm log with WinCC and a TP177B color touchscreen.

I do not see an "Alarm Log Editor". And the unhelp file just says "You can make an alarm log by using the alarm log editor, First open the alarm log editor............."

But it fails to mention where it is , how to open it, or which of the "some" screens support logging. The documentation is as specific as the help file.

"Displaying log contents
You display log contents on the HMI device. To do so, you must configure an alarm view.
6.4.3 "Alarm logs" editor
Introduction
In the "Alarm logs" table editor, you configure alarm logs for logging alarm classes and define their properties.
Open
Double-click on "Alarm logs" in the project window in the "Log" group to open the "Alarm log editor."

Am I to assume that since I can't find the alarm log editor that my device will not log alarms?

I would rather see the editor and have it grayed out or get a screen that says "Your device does not support this option".

If I can't log the self clearing alarms , no one will ever know what turned on the red light.

Management wants self clearing alarms. I prefer retentive alarms that clear if false when acknowledged.

the alarms will log on the tp177B but the alarm log editor does not work on this panel
To view them you need to set up the options in the alarm windows that you are using you can also print the alarm history from this panel