PLC communication

sean_wang

Hello:
Everybode!
First, I'm chinese people!I never log in this website until today or said about all forgein website.
I can find this as a chance cause.so we can talk problem about PLC communication.My main article is about communication witt computer and PLC ,I wish that you should training me,thank every much.

sean

Hello Sean,

There are several methods to communicate between a PLC and a programmer or even between two PLCs.

Communications between a PLC and a programmer (PC or Hand held) are provided by the makers and you only have to plug in a cable from your PC to the programming port on the PLC. This communication can be RS232; RS485 or TTY.

Communications between two PLCs can be carried out by dedicated links supplied/programmed by the makers (RS232 etc) or via outputs from one PLC to the inputs on another PLC.

This direct link
method of communication can be as simple as, if an output on the first PLC is on then the corresponding input on the second PLC will be on and then this input is used within the program on the second PLC.
If a word of input/outputs (16 bits) are used then numerical data can be transferred from one PLC to the other (refer back to the section on numbering systems).

If its a Mitsubishi then the FX uses rs422 if its a Q then you can use USB, RS232... or you can use Ethernet :)

The Mitsubishi is just a guess ;)

and welcome to the site...