Step7 UDT as in/out parameter to a FC

mattiaslindh

Hello.
I have searched the forum and did not find the answer for this:

I am using a S7315-2DP plc.
I have made one prgram that uses udt's as in/ouput variables in A FC block. So,I have defined one UDT called device. Then i have built up on FC block to handle one device. This block (FC) block takes one instance of UDT Device as IN/OUT parameter.
I have then a DB with all my devices and calls the FC for all devices in that DB.

My question is: Is this approatch more cycle time consuming than using FB blocks.... What i HAVE seen in my testing is that ist eating a lot of the Scan time.. what do you think?

Yes, that approach will have a big effect on the scan time. Use an FB instead, and access the udt by manipulating AR2 (assign the udt as a STAT variable).