indusoft

irondesk40

Has anyone had much experience with Indusoft?
If so, how would you rate it?
Saw a pretty impression demo today from a vendor that we are considering purchasing a machine from to install in a plant in Europe.
He was able access industrial pc that was mounted on a machine in a plant in Mexico, and using Internet Explorer, go on and view the indusoft application, pull in reports, view inputs/outputs from the plc, etc.
We have a company VPN that we use to go online with some machines that we have that allow us to connect directly to the omron and allen bradley plc's, and now curious if a package such as indusoft can be used through a company VPN.

My buddy works in a plant with several stations that are Indusoft web based HMI's. He thinks Indusoft is great. The stuff was installed by an integrator 2-3 years ago. He got the manuals and has taken ownership of it and made various incremental improvements and changes. Dan

I have been worked with indusoft software since 3 years
it's very flexible and reliable enviroment to creat HMI
and it works in VPN and this is good idea to apply for security purpose. I already apply this in one of my projects

Ditto -- we use their software to program our HMIs and to implement some basic MES functionality. Easy to use, high capability, and I have found tech support to be very responsive

I had Beckoff in a few weeks back. They told me they don't have an HMI but they use Indusoft for their HMI applications. Are any of the above applications Beckoff?

Charles,

I am currently looking at a Beckhoff system to control multiple sets of gates, and they told me their TwinCAT HMI was pretty basic. They didn't recommend an alternative but Indusoft looks pretty good, especially for my app where I will need remote access.

Be interesting to see how it works out.

Jon.

This is the best SCADA that I have ever seen. I have been worked with indusoft software 2 years ago. Some tens PLCs have been integrated by means of this product (about 3500 tags at all). The most significant features are perfect field data handling system, dozens drivers, web capabilitys, and apprehensible price!
I have an experience with WinCC, WinCC Flex and Intouch but Indusoft is the best.
Advantech Studio and Rexroth WinStudio are the same as Indusoft Web Studio.
Right choice.

Thanks for info
Have not priced it, I would assume it is priced by number of tags.

hopefully will be able to get a vendor in next week.