Rockwell Software & Vista Working But Some Minor Issues

lcyals

As the title states, I was able to successfully get some Rockwell programs to work with Vista however, I do have some issues. Rslogix5000 and 500 seem to work just fine. RsLinx needs to have the service disabled and run as an application. RsNetworx for DeviceNet and ControlNet seems to be where I run into problems. It takes me forever to open a file in either of these applications and it seems to have slowed down my laptop quite a bit. I have a Sony Vaio with 4g of RAM installed and a 200g HD. I have a Intel Core Duo T7250 processor so I know that I have more than enough processing speed and memory. If I'm not mistaken, when you installed Rockwell software on XP or NT or 2000, didn't it edit your autoexec.bat and config.sys files? I tried to look into these on my laptop but I didn't see anywhere in these files where they had been modified by the software. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It shouldn't take me 2-3 minutes to open a simple DeviceNet file on this laptop and I don't want to go through the hassle of downgrading to XP. I also would like to be able to use my laptop at it's full capacity without the software slowing it down unnecessarily.