1756-EWEb Help Please

bobwithdana

We are using our 1756-eweb to get the time from a correct time server and set the controller time. The problem is that the E-Web is doing an incorrect offset for the time zone selected here in California since they changed the daylight savings time dates. Is this an e-web firmware problem or what?

Thanks Bob

Hi Bob,
From the 1756-EWEB firmware 4.006 release notes.

"With revision 4.006, the 1756-EWEB module uses (United States) Daylight Saving Time (DST) as specified in the Energy
Policy Act of 2005. Beginning in 2007, daylight time starts on the second Sunday in March at 2:00 a.m. and ends on the first
Sunday in November at 2:00 a.m."

Hope this helps.

Andrew

I finally figured this out. For others what I have found. The EWEB goes out to the time server and gets the time and date. That server is patched to give the correct time through the new daylight savings time in our plant.

Then the EWEB takes that time and date and offsets it for the selected time zone you setup in the EWEB module. The problem is that the check box (adjust for daylight savings time) does not work. It offsets it no matter if the box is checked or not.

The solution is very simple. I selected Arizona as the time zone. The only allowed selection that does not observe daylight savings time therefore no offset is made and all is well.

Bob

bobwithdana:
As andrewf pointed in his post this was addressed in current firmware release 4.6
I just tested it with ver 4.6 and it work exactly as it should
So upgrade your eweb to 4.6 at it will work correctly

With box checked:

ewebt1.jpg

Without box checked:

ewebt2.jpg