Redlion G3 Popup Menu

STL???

Hi, is there anyway i can create a Popup next to the panel keys i.e Left side of the screen (like a windows start menu) to describe the panel keys?

I have tried to create one using the following code:

if (Show_Menu)
{
ShowPopup(Menu);
}

Show_Menu is an internal bit triggered momentarily by a push button.
Menu is the popup page

I then get a Guru Meditation Code: 02-2007-4918-604

secondly on a Message box in the centre of the screen, i've noticed that if the trigger is held on whilst the message box is active, then no tags are wrote when pressing buttons, i have fixed this using a "one shot" pulse to trigger, this works but if the exit button is pressed triggering Hidepopup() then the popup is gone before a decision button is pressed.

Hi,
The triggering code works fine with popups, I was wondering if it was possible to trigger a Popup on the Left hand side of the screen instead of central, that way you have a guide for each button.

When triggered via button, the screen bombs and gives me the Guru code.

STL??? said:
Hi, is there anyway i can create a Popup next to the panel keys i.e Left side of the screen (like a windows start menu) to describe the panel keys?

I have tried to create one using the following code:

if (Show_Menu)
{
ShowPopup(Menu);
}

Show_Menu is an internal bit triggered momentarily by a push button.
Menu is the popup page

I then get a Guru Meditation Code: 02-2007-4918-604

secondly on a Message box in the centre of the screen, i've noticed that if the trigger is held on whilst the message box is active, then no tags are wrote when pressing buttons, i have fixed this using a "one shot" pulse to trigger, this works but if the exit button is pressed triggering Hidepopup() then the popup is gone before a decision button is pressed.

I haven't found a way to do this through a program/expression, but you can use the action menu of a box or libraray primitive, set to "GoTo Page" Under the target page list box is a show as list box. Select "Popup Menu" and this will create a popup, on the left side of the screen the height of the screen and the width of the contents of the page. You can also do this via the softkeys (menu and such).

Also under the page properties, you can select the popup location.... (Bottom, Left). I haven't used this on an actual screen, and it doesn't seem to work in the emulator.

-brian

Gave it a try with show as Popup menu and popup window, still crashes and gives the same Guru message - bummero_O.

Hi,
all working now - i deleted a shadow i had the text written in and just changed the background colour to match and it works a treat.

thanks for your help Brijm

OK - next problem!

I have 4 screens configured currently, each screen has the keys assigned to goto page for the other screens, the popup menu also has these keys assigned on its screen also, however when the popup menu is visable - the panel keys do nothing, hide it and i can navigate as normal?

what i'm i doing wrong?

First, if you want to use programming, instead of just a button to show the menu, you can use the ShowMenu() function.

When configuring a page that will be used as a pop-up menu, do not program the softkeys on that page. Add push buttons next to the softkeys. When the page is shown as a menu, the softkey next to the touch screen button will take the action of the button.

Regards,
Dan